Interested in celebrating the 4th of July in Asheville, North Carolina? The city of Asheville plans to awe us all with a spectacular display of Fireworks at Pack Square Park at 9:30pm. Here are a few tips from Asheville’s favorite concierge team on how to survive the adventure!
1. During the day, the rivers and pools of Western North Carolina will be swarming with people celebrating their independence This doesn’t mean you can’t join them, but make your reservations as early as possible to avoid losing your spot! Our tubing picks: Asheville Adventure Rentals or Asheville Outdoor Center.
2. Go early! Festivities and live music start at 4pm culminating with an awesome fireworks display at 9:30pm. If you ensure you arrive early, you can find a nice cozy spot to camp and enjoy the celebrations.
3. Forget your fantasy of finding that “Ideal” parking space. It was taken, like yesterday. Best bets for parking that day are off of Charlotte Street or the Asheville Chamber of Commerce. Or, if you’re really lucky, you’ve already left your car with the valet at the Hotel Indigo!
4. Protect yourself from insects. Just because you aren’t going deep into the woods this July 4th, doesn’t mean insects won’t be ready to feast on you! Our favorite? Pester Me Not
by Faerie Made
5. Bring a reusable water bottle. Yes, there will be food vendors available all around, but let’s reduce our waste on this day synonymous with consumption.
6. Lay out a towel / blanket or chair to enjoy the fireworks from the park! If you’re visiting Asheville, connect with the Asheville Hotel Indigo Concierge Team for rentals.
7. Enjoy the food trucks! You may want to have a light dinner around 5-6pm, so that you can savor the Food trucks later in the evening. Good options for a light dinner are Zambra, The Imperial Life, MG Road, and Chestnut.
8. Leave fido at home! The loud noises and stimulation of a fireworks display might cause your dog anxiety. Do remember, this will not be a pet-friendly event.
9. Hydrate after your day of partying. Let’s face it, the fourth of July is often accompanied by a very hefty consumption of alcohol. So, to avoid any unpleasantness in the evening, make sure you hydrate before bed: that means at least 3-4 cups of water before going to sleep.
10. Recover with a hearty, healthy breakfast. Our favorite recommendations: Over Easy Cafe, oneFIFTYone Boutique Bar & Kitchen, Cafe 64, and Early Girl Eatery.