Labor Day has long been hailed as the unofficial end of summer. Here in Asheville we still have plenty of sunshine left, and lots of wonderful things to do to keep you busy! Leaf season is just around the corner, but summer’s not over just yet! Take some time off work and join in the fun!
Keep reading for our Top 10 list of things to do in and around Asheville this holiday weekend!
- Take a scenic drive down the Blue Ridge Parkway and soak up that green before the leaves change!
- Get your hands on those fresh summer veggies while there’s still time! Take a tour with Asheville Farm to Table Tours, and visit one of our area’s thriving Farmer’s Markets!
- Enjoy all that local art we are famous for at Asheville Downtown Gallery Association’s Art Walk.
- Head on down to nearby Hendersonville and check out the NC Apple Festival.
- Jam out to traditional mountain music at the Smoky Mountain Folk Festival in Lake Junaluska.
- Stay downtown and get your bluegrass fix at Shindig on the Green in Pack Square Park.
- Keep cool with a refreshing dip at the base of a waterfall! Our favorite is Skinny Dip Falls, located at Milepost 417 on the Blue Ridge Parkway across from Looking Glass Rock overlook.
- Join in the family fun at Chimney Rock State Park, where they will be having special activities all holiday weekend.
- Delight in Live After Five after a full day exploring the Biltmore Estate. This summer concert series is on Friday and Saturday, and is included with the cost of your ticket!
- Explore all the great shopping, food, drinks, and live music downtown Asheville has to offer! A fun place to start is Hot Glass, Cold Beer, Live Music at Lexington Glassworks!